I am a Software Developer, Data Scientist and Quantitative Analyst from Córdoba, Argentina. My main focus of interests is Data Science, Finance, Education, Data Visualization and the Jupyter ecosystem.
To give you a little bit more of context, I am originally a Biochemist that because of life, started to write code around 8 years ago.
During all these years, I have made meaningful contributions to several popular Open Source projects such as:
- Jupyter (core developer and Steering Council member)
- Nikola (administrator and contributor)
- Bokeh (contributor)
Additionally, I have also started several projects being RISE (a "live" slideshow for the Jupyter Notebook) the most popular one.
I use to write some technical stuff on this blog (I also write a little bit of non-technical stuff, but you can filter out those with the tags if you are not interested on those topics).
Moreover, you can find a lot of my talks and tutorials in Youtube, but let me hightlight two recent ones I really like ;-)
- Current RISE capabilities and its evolution into the future | JupyterCon 2018 (English)
- Keynote: La R[*]volución de Jupyter | SciPyLA 2019 (Spanish)
Recently, I started to explore diverse and multiple ways to fund my contributions to the Open Source world, so if you want to support my work, please visit these pages:
- https://damianavila.github.io/blog/stories/support-me.html (Damian-specific funding for exploring new ideas)
- https://rise.readthedocs.io/en/stable/support.html (RISE-specific funding)
OK, I think this is all for now.
I hope you enjoy my site!